There are 24 hours in a day. We all have the same limited amount of time. Why do some people seem to be able to get exponentially more done than others? Someone who is ‘busy’ is often seen as hard-working, productive and succesful. However, in a world of endless pings, tweets and email notifications, being busy now only serves to narrow our perspective on the work that is truly important and meaningful.
Comfort Is a Disease of Modernity.
What is the opposite of fragility? If ‘fragile’ describes something which is hurt by volatility and randomness, then the opposite would be something that gains from it – not merely something which is robust, or ‘hurt less’ by it.
People and businesses tend to want to hire only with ‘the best’ at a given task. They don’t care about employees or companies that are ‘mediocre’ at doing many different things. Being average is for losers.
The disconnect between our natures and our culture.
Our bodies have not evolved much since we lived in ancient hunter-gatherer tribes of about 150 people, our culture has. We’ve undergone a population explosion and an unprecedented technological and cultural revolution.
Thanks to the internet, all of the world’s knowledge will soon become available online. The cost barrier has been lowered so much that the gatekeepers to traditional formal education are becoming obsolete. From the richest citizens to the poorest, knowledge will soon be available to any student motivated to learn. What does this mean for the current formal education system in the developed world?
What would you do with true answers to every yes or no question imaginable?
As humans, we currently only use 10% of our brain capacity. What it there was a way for us to tap into the other 90% of it? According to David R. Hawkins, there is! In fact, Dr. Hawkins has developed a way to tap into the entire catalogue of all human thought through all time.
Graceful little ducks are swimming in a pond. Suddenly, two of the males get into a fight. The skirmish only lasts a short while, and afterwards, both ducks flap their wings to get rid of the excess energy and adrenaline. They then continue to swim peacefully, as if nothing had happened.
The ducks have no mind. They are not bound by ‘mind stuff’, illusions of how the world is based on the past or the future. They do not judge their present moment by comparing themselves to others, nor do they fear future repercussions that may or may not happen due to past events. They are completely free of ego and mind.
This book was written out of necessity. The author, who is now a sexologist, had long struggled with premature ejaculation. To compensate for this, in order to bring his partners to orgasm, he turned to cunnilingus.
Through his personal and professional research he discovered an under-appreciated, extremely effective method of pleasuring women – one which, if performed well, could be much more pleasurable and satisfying than ‘real’ sex.